The cloud architecture team at HOSTING is responsible for service design, technology evaluation and selection, as well as emerging technology research in support of HOSTING’s cloud products. Members of the team play a key strategic role in the organizations technical direction and product development lifecycle. The successful candidate will have a broad technical background with a concentration in one or more key focus areas such as software, network, storage, or systems architecture, a positive outlook and attitude, and the ability to build consensus within cross-discipline project teams. As the most senior technical team in the organization, architects at HOSTING should also expect to be called into key customer engagements, pre-sales consultations, and well as root cause analysis for service outages when necessary.
- Participate in the product development process throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Participate in vendor selection processes.
- Prepare technical specifications and requirements.
- Participate in discussions with architecture team around standards and practices.
- Prepare development plans for compliance with standards and practices.
- Serve as consultant and subject matter expect to internal engineering and operational teams.
- Continually pursue opportunities for personal career development.
- Presenting formal recommendations for review by peers, defend recommendations in team discussions.
- Professional written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Maintain knowledge of hosting and P/IAAS industry landscape and technological innovation in relevant areas.
- Qualify vendor software releases for production readiness.
- Vet emerging technologies.
- Delivery of a delightful customer experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an engineering field
- Ability to learn and communicate technical information
- Must have thorough understanding of technical processes.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills in order to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Must have in-depth understanding of business and financial concepts.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Supervisory Requirements: Requires no prior supervisory experience
Hours: Core business hours
Travel: up to 25%
Reporting: Reports to Cloud Architecture Manager
|Department: Cloud Architecture||Status: Full-Time|
|Location: Denver, CO||Shift: Core Business Hours|
Hosting.com does not offer employment sponsorship.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States and relocate or commute, if necessary, at their own expense.
Hosting.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA) All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, covered veteran status and any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local law. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Should you require an accommodation to apply for a posted position please contact Human Resources or email email@example.com.