Operations Technicians (Ops Techs) are responsible for the day to day operations and duties at the local level of the IDC. Responsibilities include monitoring and attending to alerts and events, assisting collocation customers, facilities security, and local provisioning of services and equipment.
Ops Techs in SFO are also relied upon to assist or conduct maintenance on any of the IDC equipment.
Responsibilities – General:
- Ops techs will need to be able to multi task and prioritize their workload in an independent manner.
- Handle tickets for local support and implementation purposes and perform tasks as documented
- Actively participate in the Customer Implementation Process for provisioning and implementations. Conducting physical server builds and decommissions as per all SOPs, performing QA on builds, and completing deployment documentation in SALT and Inventory tracking. Mounting and racking of hardware. Assist in the construction of racks and run structured cabling.
- Understand basic network systems, topology and troubleshooting, including TCP/IP, DNS, firewall, Switch and router roles. Understand the procedures for providing connectivity including basic port enabling, cross connecting and the types of connectivity available.
- Ops techs will assist customers with on-site work as needed including being interactive with customers and visitors to confirm their authorization and credentials. Ops techs will also participate in the Access bade management for both customers and employees. Also, function as remote hands for colo customers or remote technicians
- Assist the General Manager and Ops Manager in conducting site tours and be able to speak about the specifics of the IDC as well as explain the rational of the environmental settings in the IDC and be able to communicate them to visitors and customers.
- Be familiar with troubleshooting and response procedures associated with all alarms, alerts and notifications from all monitoring systems, including fire, security, power, and HVAC as well as participate in the active monitoring. During any events, the Ops Tech will need to actively participate in the Escalation SOP, acting as the local point of contact as needed, understand the escalation paths both locally and globally, be familiar with all SLA conditions during the Escalation and communicate status in accordance with the primary POC and the SOP.
- Actively maintain systems including measuring electrical load on circuits. Actively maintain any low voltage systems such as the CCTV and security systems and conduct break fix with the system and components.
- Coordinating outside resources to facilitate provisioning as well as participate in assisting Hosting.com contracted third parties. Assist inventory in shipping and receiving.
- Other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities – Site Specific:
SAN FRANCISCO (SFO)
- Function as the local IT for company owned devices
- Cable all low voltage communications cables
- Handle Biometric enrollment for all personnel
- Function in a System admin role for LAN servers, cables, connectivity, and backup/restores
- Pull and terminate structured cable
Responsibilities – Centers of Excellence Specific (If applicable):
- Ops techs will need to be able to multi task and prioritize their workload in the following manner:
- IDC Priority 1 or 2 tasks come first. CoE Priority 1 or 2 tasks and Sprint work are performed when there is no IDC 1 or 2 task pending
- Responsible to assist CoE staff with the same job duties as the staff of the specified area (i.e., NetOps, Backups, Platform, Cloud, Provisioning)
- Dotted line report to the CoE Manager for the area in which they specialize
Requirements: Requirements of the Ops Tech are as follows:
- Experience with assembling, deploying and troubleshooting server hardware.
- Experience with installing, modifying and troubleshooting server operating systems and other software.
- Experience with and Understanding of best practices of data center management
- Experience with and Understanding of network topography and protocols
- Experience with and Understanding of data center cooling/HVAC systems and equipment
- Experience with and Understanding of datacenter electrical systems, power deployment and usage, including backup systems
- Experience with and Understanding of internet related technologies and protocols
- A+, Network+, Security+, and Linux+ certifications, knowledge or experience in highly recommended
Qualifications / Required Skills:
- Must possess strong customer service attitude and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to execute multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated flexibility, organization and self-motivation.
|Department: Operations/Facilities||Status: Full-Time|
|Location: San Francisco, CA||Shift: To be determined|