Network Engineers are part of HOSTING’S Network team, which is an integral part of Hosting tasked with many of the day-to-day network maintenance and management duties.
We are looking for a Mid to Senior level Network Engineer/Network Operations Technician to join our Network Operations team.
Net Ops works closely with the engineering and architecture groups on the long-term planning of expansions and improvements to the HOSTING network. Finally, team members often participate weekly reviewing new customer implementations for errors, work with our provisioning department to complete networking portions of new deployments and consult with the sales architects when they may have questions regarding solutions they are designing for a customer.
- Day to day maintenance of HOSTING switching and routing infrastructure
- Configuration and trouble shooting of customer network equipment including IPSec VPN’s
- Switching and routing configuration for new customer deployments
- Agile based project work implementing new features and network improvements
- Resolution of tickets escalated to Network Operations
- Firewall policy administration
- Must be available for overnight maintenance windows as necessary
- Must be available for on call work as necessary
- Must deliver an exceptional customer experience every day
- Performs all other duties as requested or required
Qualifications / Required Skills:
- 3 years of experience in related field, 5 years preferred
- Preferred background in Junos or IOS switching
- Understanding of core switching/routing concepts
- Knowledge of popular protocols like BGP and OSPF
- Preferred background in working with a large scale service provider environment
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Ability to learn and communicate technical information
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills in order to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
|Department: Technical Operations||Status: Full Time|
|Location: Louisville, KY||Shift: As Business Needs Require|
Hosting.com does not offer employment sponsorship.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States and relocate or commute, if necessary, at their own expense.
Hosting.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA) All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, covered veteran status and any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local law. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Should you require an accommodation to apply for a posted position please contact Human Resources or email firstname.lastname@example.org.