The Product Developer is responsible for guiding one or more cross-functional teams of engineers and designers to bring new products, and enhancements to existing products, to market.
• The Product Developer is responsible for building the product backlog, quarterbacking the product development effort, bringing many organizational units together effectively, and continually updating the organization on progress.
• He/she effectively breaks down abstract project goals (epics) into clear, simple stories easily implementable by the engineering team during a 2-week development cycle (sprint)
• The Product Developer is responsible for the PDLC and is the face of the product development effort internally and with the market teams.
• Must deliver an exceptional customer experience every day and through every iterative update.
Product Development (~100%)
• Work in tandem with Product Manager to identify strategy to solve key market issues
• Build and maintain the product backlog using knowledge gathered from market team and internal discovery conversations
• Specify, prioritize and communicate high level and detailed product specifications using written specifications, business rules, flows and use cases as well as user experience generated deliverables such as prototypes, wireframes and design and copy documents
• Communicate with the market team and interested parties at HOSTING to keep them apprised of project status (demos, etc)
• Collaborate with the business, user experience and engineering teams during discovery to assess value, usability and feasibility of product features.
• Engage frequently with engineering and project management during implementation; be available to quickly answer questions that arise during implementation and to make scope tradeoff decisions.
• Work closely with operations and the Product Manager to launch products successfully and on-time
• Coordinate post-launch activities to validate that the product works as designed and that operational processes dependent on the feature successfully complete acceptance testing
• Manage the development of training materials and train users on new product features, support business users and manage close-loop feedback cycles to encompass customer/user comments and needs into better product experience.
• Experience in writing logical, detailed and complete product requirements and functional specifications
• Strong business acumen and quantitative and analytical problem solving skills
• Has good time management skills and can prioritize tasks effectively.
• Understands technology and how it supports the product.
• Comfortable with ambiguity and challenge
• Is a self-starter, and works independently
• Able to work at strategic and tactical levels and to move between these levels with ease.
• Demonstrated ability to thrive in a high-visibility fast-paced, fluid environment, managing multiple conflicting priorities.
• Results oriented
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
• Excellent teamwork and relationship management skills.
• Able to effectively influence cross functional teams without formal authority
• Must demonstrate integrity and maturity
• Must be able to identify and prioritize issues.
• 5-7 years relevant professional experience required
• At least 3-5 years product/program management, product marketing, project management, business development, management consulting or equivalent experience desired but not required
• Subject matter or industry expertise preferred but not required unless specified in the role description.
• Hosting industry experience preferred but not required.
• Strong leadership and consensus building skills
• The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, is analytical, detail and results oriented with excellent problem-solving skills and a strong work ethic. He/she is a highly motivated self-starter.
• This individual is an evangelist for his/her product and has a deep understanding of his/her customers’ needs, the product and the competitive landscape.
• He/she has the confidence and knowledge to successfully own the product. He/she is an excellent communicator and builds strong cross functional relationships, internally and externally.
• This individual will be skilled in working across departments to collaborate with Business Managers, User Experience, Application Architects, Engineering Delivery Teams, Project Managers, QA, and Operations teams.
• His/Her product management experience and understanding of the product development cycle is essential to the successful development of requirements and products.
|Department: Product Development||Status: Full Time|
|Location: Newark, DE Denver, CO||Shift: As Business Needs Require|
Hosting.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA) All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, covered veteran status and any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local law. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Should you require an accommodation to apply for a posted position please contact Human Resources or email firstname.lastname@example.org.