The following article explains how to create an Exchange alias. An Exchange alias is an address for your domain that forwards email to an external email address. For example, you can setup a general email@example.com email address that forwards email to your personal firstname.lastname@example.org email address. Please note, you cannot send messages from the Exchange alias.
Since all email sent to the Exchange alias is immediately forwarded, you do not have to order a new mailbox and messages do not count against your mailbox size limit.
To create an Exchange alias, please follow these steps:
- Open a browser window and go to www.HostMySite.com
- Click on Control Panel Login.
- Log into the Control Panel as the Account Administrator and select the appropriate domain.
- Expand Exchange Administration and click Exchange Aliases.
- Select a Domain Profile.
- Enter the requested information:
- First Name: the first name for the forwarding address
- Last Name: the last name for the forwarding address
- Exchange Alias: the email address of the exchange alias, e.g email@example.com
- Forwarding Address: the email address that receives the emails from the alias, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click Add Exchange Alias.