The following article explains how to connect to a MySQL database using phpMyAdmin. When the MySQL database is created on our server, an instance of phpMyAdmin is configured automatically to assist you in managing your database. phpMyAdmin is a web-based graphical interface that can be used to create tables and manage the information within the tables. It is accessible through your customer Control Panel.
To connect to a MySQL database, please follow these steps:
- Open a browser window and go to www.HostMySite.com.
- Click on Control Panel Login.
- Log into the Control Panel as one of the following:
- Account Administrator and select the appropriate domain
- Technical Contact for the domain
- Click on MySQL Databases.
- Select the database from the list and click phpMyAdmin.
A new window will open and log you into phpMyAdmin automatically. Through the phpMyAdmin interface you can create tables and manage your database. The name of your database will appear in the left column. The available functionality will appear in the right portion of the screen.