The following article explains how to delete a document library in SharePoint. Before deleting a document library, it is important to ensure the library is either empty, or any files contained within the library can be deleted. Once the document library is deleted, all documents currently within that library will be deleted as well.
Note: SharePoint will only work properly in Internet Explorer.
To delete a document library, please follow these steps:
- Open a web browser and log into SharePoint.
- Click Site Actions and select Site Settings.
- Under Site Administration, click Site libraries and lists.
- Click the Customize link for the document library you wish to delete.
- Under Permissions and Management, click Delete this document library.
- Click OK to confirm.