Hear the sound of champagne corks popping? The HOSTING team is celebrating our inclusion in the Gartner, Inc. 2014 Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting for the third year in a row. Gartner, the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company, engages potential cloud providers in a rigorous evaluation process with particular emphasis on their “ability to execute” and “completeness of vision.” In this year’s Magic Quadrant, Gartner specifically recognized the HOSTING customer portal and unique service offering models, listing the following as key strengths.
- The HOSTING Customer Portal™ – HOSTING’s new RESTful API allows customers to build applications that leverage a new programmatic interface to all the functionality already available on the portal.
- HOSTING’s continued commitment to helping customers overcome disaster recovery challenges in the cloud with its industry leading cloud replication service.
- The innovative capability to add individual options including backup, patching, monitoring and other services to a customer’s virtual machine at time of order or after provisioning.
To be considered for inclusion in the 2014 Magic Quadrant, HOSTING had to meet Gartner’s strict criteria, including:
- Providing managed cloud hosting as a standalone service without requiring customers to bundle it with other IT outsourcing services.
- Providing a suite of enterprise-class solutions, round-the-clock, 24 x 7 customer support and infrastructure availability SLAs.
- Having enterprise-class data centers capable of managed cloud hosting in a minimum of three different metropolitan markets in North America.
- Maintaining a significant market share in cloud-enabled managed hosting in North America.
“The market for cloud-enabled managed hosting is fast-developing. Those cloud providers who haven’t planned for the industry shift will soon find themselves out of contention for customers’ mindshare,” notes Darrell Hyde, HOSTING CTO.
“We are excited that Gartner has recognized our leadership in this space,” he continues. “It is particularly gratifying that they had such enthusiasm for our customer portal as well as the integration of our market-leading disaster recovery capabilities into our cloud profile.”
Check out the HOSTING cloud-enabled managed hosting suite to learn more about future of cloud computing.