Operations Technicians Level I (Ops Techs) will participate in day to day operations and fulfill duties at the local level of the IDC. Responsibilities include monitoring and attending to alerts and events, assisting collocation customers, monitoring facilities security, local provisioning of services and hardware as well as assisting in maintenance of the IDC equipment.
Ops Technician will need to be able to multi task and prioritize their workload in an independent manner. Handle tickets for local support and implementation purposes and perform tasks as documented Perform physical server builds and decommissions as per SOPs, perform QA on builds, and completing deployment documentation in SALT and Inventory tracking. Perform racking and stacking of hardware including cross-connect patching and labeling per best practices. Demonstrate basic knowledge of network systems, topology and troubleshooting, including TCP/IP, DNS, firewall, Switch and router roles. Understand the procedures for providing connectivity including basic port enabling, cross connecting and the types of connectivity available.
- Assist customers with on-site work as needed including being interactive with customers and visitors to confirm access credentials.
- Provide basic remote hands assistance for colo customers or remote technicians
- Demonstrating basic working knowledge of troubleshooting and response procedures associated with all alarms, alerts and notifications from all monitoring systems, including fire, security, power, and HVAC
- Able to interpret and respond to monitoring events accordingly.
- Participate in escalation events, acting as the local point of contact as needed, understand the escalation paths both locally and globally, being familiar with all SLA conditions during the Escalation and communicate status in accordance with the primary POC and the SOP.
- Following direction in assistance of Data Center systems maintenance including PDU installation, power circuit auditing, lighting upkeep, and rudimentary CRAC unit management.
- Work with outside resources to facilitate provisioning as well as participate in assisting Hosting contracted third parties.
- Assist inventory in shipping and receiving.
- Must deliver an exceptional customer experience every day
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with assembling, deploying and troubleshooting server hardware
- Experience with installing, modifying and troubleshooting server operating systems and other software, to include:
- HBA and Storage connectivity
- Experience with and Working Understanding of best practices of data center management
- Experience with and Working Understanding of network topology and protocols
- Cat5, Cat6, OM1-OM4,
- Experience with and Working Understanding of data center cooling/HVAC systems and equipment
- Experience with and Working Understanding of datacenter electrical systems, power deployment and usage, including backup systems
- Experience with and Working Understanding of internet related technologies and protocols
- A+, Network+, Security+, and Linux+ certifications, knowledge or experience in highly recommended
|Department: Support||Status: Full Time|
|Location: Delaware||Shift: As Business Needs Require|
Hosting.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA) All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, covered veteran status and any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local law. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Should you require an accommodation to apply for a posted position please contact Human Resources or email email@example.com.