Product Lifecycle Manager
- The Product Manager is responsible for articulating the organization’s unique products and capabilities that deliver value to and solve problems for the market.
- He/she effectively translates business strategies into product strategies that deliver against both our market challenges and our company strategic and financial goals.
- The Product Manager acts as the product champion, and is able to evangelize the product vision effectively to senior stakeholders and is able to independently drive to agreement on product requirements and directions.
- He/she must be a tremendous enabler of sales and retention efforts – providing clear product positioning information and continued support to help drive revenue and retain clients as their technology needs advance.
- Must deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Product Strategy (~20%)
- Develop and champion a product vision and product lifecycle strategy in support of corporate goals and objectives.
- Maintain product P&L reporting and support product performance through sales collaboration (e.g., promotions, deal support, references, vendor negotiation, etc).
- Use customer & market research, customer and user feedback, customer usage and competitive analysis to identify product optimization and transition opportunities and enhancements.
- Work with multiple functions to build and evaluate business cases to support product investment decisions.
- Present and clearly articulate product strategy to company leadership.
Sales and Marketing Empowerment (~50%)
- Creates positioning documents that will be used to develop focused campaigns and plays for key buyers, personas and use cases, and generates external product messaging and positioning.
- Ensures launch/transition readiness internally and externally for new products, as well as enhancements including full ownership of the go-to-market strategy, plan, and associated deliverables.
- Works with marketing to deliver or enable webinars and media inquiries.
- Develops and maintains product line documentation and competitive battlecards in the HOSTING product catalog.
- Assists sales team to win new logos, retain existing accounts, and sell upgrades as needed.
Product Discovery and Definition (~30%)
- Collaborates with the business, user experience and engineering teams during discovery to assess value, usability and feasibility of product features.
- Collaborates with sales and account management to understand product take rate and churn trends to better position the product set for retention of clients.
- Manages partner relationships, identifying necessary and/or desirable third-party features; evaluating and selecting vendors, negotiating agreements and contracts, and managing partnership integration.
- Manages third-party dependencies and secure necessary engagement / resource alignment for the creation of co-developed product features.
- Expert knowledge of IT and Hosting industry
- Solid track record of supporting sales within the service provider industry
- Strong business acumen demonstrating forethought in product evolution
- Powerful analytical and data management skills necessary to identify trends in products, pricing, and market direction
- Able to develop and effectively communicate a product lifecycle vision
- Able to use 3rd party and primary research to analyze the marketplace, customers and competitors to develop and prioritize valuable product features
- Experienced in developing business use cases
- Demonstrated success managing product P&L
- Strong leadership and consensus building skills; product management and strategic planning experience; a proven track record in developing and administering a product line
- Is a strategic thinker, analytical, detail and results oriented with excellent problem-solving skills and a strong work ethic; he/she is a highly motivated self-starter
- Is an evangelist for his/her products and has a deep understanding of his/her customers’ needs, the product and the competitive landscape
- Has the confidence and knowledge to successfully own the product; is an excellent communicator and builds strong cross functional relationships, internally and externally
- Understands technology and how it supports the product
- Comfortable with ambiguity and challenge
- Able to work at strategic and tactical levels and to move between these levels with ease
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a high-visibility fast-paced, fluid environment, managing multiple conflicting priorities
- Able to effectively influence cross functional teams without formal authority
- 5-7 years relevant professional experience required
- At least 3-5 years product/program management, product marketing, project lifecycle management, business development, management consulting or equivalent experience required
- Experience in VMware technologies preferred
|Department:||Status: Full Time|
|Location: Denver, CO | Austin, TX||Shift: As Business Needs Require|
Hosting.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA) All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, covered veteran status and any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local law. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Should you require an accommodation to apply for a posted position or please contact Human Resources.