The QA Tester at Hosting is responsible for working within the SDLC to ensure a high quality product to our customers. The life cycle includes development based on the Product Owner’s specifications and customer inputs to achieve high quality product delivery. Hosting’s products provide technology support and management for both external and internal customers. The products cover software for provisioning and management of virtualization, networking, and/or storage hardware, as well as managed services supporting these products.
We are looking for an experienced tester who can help to build and participate in a modern, efficient and comprehensive testing practice. Three major components involved in this effort include:
- Migrating off a proprietary offshore test automation platform / supporting the build out of an in-house test automation platform.
- Working with our engineering staff to move our testing practice to the left.
- Testing our application suites to ensure delivery of a high quality product to our customers.
The QA Tester will be highly motivated to participate in a QA practice that ensures deployment of high quality products. You should have experience working with repeatable test processes, supporting new feature development and execution of testing across various technologies. As a QA tester, you will use test frameworks and tools for web applications and ensure the definition, implementation and execution of those tests through manual and automated testing. This role requires that you are able to take initiative, and are capable of executing manual and automated testing throughout the development cycle. If you’re interested in being part of a team that ensures quality for a hybrid cloud/infrastructure provider (e.g. AWS, Azure, Hosting cloud/dedicated/colocation) and you have what it takes to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you. The candidate selected for this position will:
- Work with product design and customer-facing teams to gather and verify requirements for test scenarios that match customer use cases
- Collaborate on design and implementation of automated test suites to verify build and deployment quality.
- Performs analysis and execution of manual test cases to verify functional requirements.
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated).
- Support maintenance of test environments and test data.
- Be an active participant in improving engineering processes
- Must deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Work with others in a cross-functional agile development environment
- Establish strong communication and cooperation with other company departments
- Participate in daily standups and deliver bi-weekly interactive demos to customers
- Develop automated test scripts using Hosting automated test framework and support reporting of test results.
- Validate applications and system integrations meet customer needs based on product owner requirements
- Risk-based prioritization of tests and clearly documenting bugs
- Participate in design and refinement sessions to validate and elaborate the acceptance criteria of stories.
- Participate in the acceptance/closure of stories
- Support creation of QA documentation
- Provide Release Management support for deployment of products and features
- Support Defect Management
- 5+ years’ experience as a test engineer / developer / or related field.
- Experience Manual Testing, Black Box, Functional, Regression, System Integration
- Experience working with QA and ALM tools such as Selenium, SoapUI, JUnit, Visual Studio.
- Ability to learn and communicate technical information
- Self-motivated / directed
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills in order to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- High energy level and enthusiasm
Additional valued skills:
- UI Automation testing of responsive websites
- Experience validating RESTful API implementations.
- Familiarity with .Net test framework
- Experience working with data center, hybrid cloud and public cloud networking and provisioning
- Experience with vmWare, Amazon Web Services, and / or Azure
- Security (basic standards of compliance)
- SQL, C#, .js (to support automation)
- TFS Source Control, Visual Studio, Node.js, Bootstrap, Knockout, Angular
- CI/CD (Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment)
- Testing Certification
|Department: Engineering||Status: Full Time|
|Location: Denver, CO||Shift: As Business Needs Require|
Hosting.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA) All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, covered veteran status and any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local law. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Should you require an accommodation to apply for a posted position or please contact Human Resources.