HOSTING Healthcare ArchiveTM – Vendor Neutral, Patient-Focused
The recent increased use of higher resolution modalities combined with more departments leveraging digital imaging has caused a data explosion straining healthcare internal IT systems that must store, manage and protect hundreds of terabytes of data annually. Security and compliance concerns remain high, as the rate of protected health information (PHI) breaches continues to escalate. Multi-department, multi-facility healthcare providers are searching for cloud computing experts who are fluent in the complexities of healthcare data and its associated compliance requirements.
Today’s healthcare organizations need tools that not only address financial and staffing considerations but also:
- Streamline physical workflow
- Eliminate the need for patients to transport images between facilities
- Reduce a covered entity’s (CE) regulatory risk profile while improving operational efficiency
This is modern healthcare. This is the HOSTING Healthcare ArchiveTM.
The HOSTING Healthcare Archive is a clear, intelligent solution for healthcare organizations to securely store, manage and share images, reports and other content in the cloud. The vendor neutral solution is designed to provide healthcare organizations with a centralized, cloud-based archive that is fully compliant with HIPAA OCR, HITRUST and PCI audit protocols.
The HOSTING Healthcare Archive serves as a central repository for clinical information including DICOM (Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine; a formal standard for storing and transmitting medical images) and non-DICOM (i.e., sound files photographs, lab reports). It provides access to digital images to authorized users via electronic health record (EHR) systems, diagnostic workstations or clinical desktops.
HOSTING Healthcare Archive Use Cases:
1. Business continuity including:
- Picture Archiving and Communication Systems (PACS) database backup
- Image archive
- Secure cloud viewing
2. Vendor neutral archive
The archive system is independent of proprietary server or storage technologies and provides scaling to meet the needs of single departments to multiple departments in multiple facilities.
3. Image Sharing
Healthcare companies can receive images from all types of organizations, incorporate them into local systems, and share results with providers and patients thereby eliminating duplicate costs and scans.
The HOSTING Healthcare Archive is based on a scalable cloud architecture with built-in availability and rapid provisioning powered by VMware-based hypervisors that include a wide breadth of security features. Leveraging the EMC Isilon storage platform, it is designed to meet a wide range of needs from a single department or clinic to a multi-department facility.
The HOSTING Healthcare Triple Aim™
Faced with high patient demand, reduced reimbursements and a lack of specialized IT skills, healthcare organizations have been forced to innovate more quickly – leaving behind piecemeal systems and considering other options such as cloud-based solutions. The HOSTING Healthcare Triple Aim is designed to help fundamentally transform how healthcare is delivered through improved clinical workflow, streamlined decision-making and secure and accessible data sharing. All of these factors can help healthcare organizations operate more efficiently, stay ahead of evolving compliance regulations and improve the patient experience.
Features & Benefits
Features & Benefits
- 100% uptime SLA
- Scalable into the petabytes
- Leverages EMC Isilon storage platform
- Choice of private, public, hybrid or dedicated clouds
- HOSTING Public CloudTM includes automated failover
- Data Encryption at Rest (available October 2014)
- Retains separate internal Picture Archiving and Communication Systems (PACS) for unstructured data in a secure, cost-efficient environment
- Adheres to Meaningful Use (MU), interoperability and business continuity/disaster recovery (BCDR) protocols
- Backed by the HOSTING 100% audit assurance to pass HIPAA OCR, HITRUST and PCI audit protocols
- On-staff HIPAA compliance experts led by a dedicated Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) to ensure successful cloud migrations
- Centralized repository eliminates the expense of purchasing separate archives for each PACS, providing a reduction in overall capital expenses (CapEx)
- 24 x 7 x 365 expert support
Cloud design done right. 2:13